Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Goals, Self-Improvement, and Reflection

Today I have had some time to reflect on who I am now, who I want to become, and how I am going to get there. I know that I am not perfect. That being said one of my weakness's is beating myself up for all mistakes I make and for the imperfections that I see in myself (I am sure 1 in every 2 people in the world share this same weakness with me;))! So this list that I am making is a list of goals and self-improvements that I want to work at each day for the rest of my life! Another weakness of mine is that when I get emotionally hurt (which as a female happens a whole lot...thank you for the extra dose of hormones!;) I tend to try and make myself as busy as possible! So this go around as I am trying to figure out some pretty big decisions I am making myself slow down...learning to deal with problems, emotional stress, and basic every day life challenges head on...one at a time...and with a new perspective of looking at the bigger picture. So here goes:

1. Immerse myself daily in the scriptures
2. Intently and meaningfully pray to my father in heaven each day
3. Find the smallest things to be grateful for each day
4. Set goals...and follow through with them
5. Fulfill and magnify my calling(s)
6. Forget myself and serve others each day
7. Change my carnal thoughts to spiritual thoughts
8. Work out daily
9. Eat a healthy diet 90% of the time (I still need a good cup of hot cocoa once in a while;))
10. Repent of my sins and let go of them
11. Attend the temple regularly
12. Develop my talents, skills, and find my particular interests
13. Stop being jealous of others
14. Love my body and myself
15. Be more confident in who I am
16. Spend less time on my cell phone and on social networks
17. Develop a better relationship with my savior
18. Focus more on quality and not quantity
19. Follow through with all commitments I make
20. Start doing genealogy work
21. Don't let fear get in my way
22. Learn to love unconditionally
23. Give myself time to reflect and ponder
24. Read a good book...often
25. Start dancing again
26. Remember that Heavenly Father loves me no matter what
27. De-clutter and simplify my life
28. Make my family my priority
29. Make everyone around me feel important
30. Be patient with myself....I am going to make mistakes...learn from them and move on

No comments:

Post a Comment