Saturday, May 19, 2012

First 5k Mud Run in Woods Cross!

Well I accomplished one of my bucket list items...run in a mud run. My friend asked me to be part of their team for a 5k mud run and I was more than happy to oblige! The run was a blast! Our team was made up of 5 people(three girls and two boys) and in order to finish the race we had all cross the finish line at the same time! The first two miles of the race consisted of flat ground mouth about ten steep hills in between...then came the last mile mud run! We climbed up huge hills of mud, slid down into swimming pool size mud pits, threw ourselves over bales of hay, army crawled through muddy water, dove through tires, and scaled walls! Upon crossing the finish line we learned that we were only 30 seconds away from winning first place! Honestly, I'm ok with second! We did awesome and I'm really proud of myself for doing it! Running in mud is HARD! I have a few bumps and bruises and a badly cut up hand but it was well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment