Saturday, July 3, 2010

CASA VOLUNTEER!

I am a certified CASA volunteer! I decided a while back that I wanted to be a volunteer of some kind to 1) take my mind off of everything that is going on in my life and 2) to hlep others who are going through worse/different trials in their lives.
CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocate. In a nut shell I am a mentor to children who come from abused or neglected homes. I act as their advocate in court, voicing the childrens oppinion. The ultimate goal of the courts is to help the families become reunited. I help by being a friend to the kids so that they trust me enough to tell me what is going on in their lives. I am very excited for this opportunity. Above are pictures of my "class" (yup you have to be trained) being sworn in by the judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment