Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Work trip to DC

 One of my THREE jobs is as the CASA Program Assistant!  CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates.  I used to be a CASA Volunteer and recently became their newest employees:)  This June our National Conference was in Washington DC!  It was an amazing experience!
 One of my favorite parts of the whole trip was riding the Metro!  I know I am lame!
 Cute Kerri!  I became really good friends with the girls that I work with on this trip.
 Brittany and I
 ...and again...
 Kerri, Myself, Brittany, and Gwen
 ...and Brit and I again...
 Look at how amazing the architecture is.  It was so breathtaking and there was so much history here.
 The Capital Building

 Kerri snapping pictures.
 In front of the Capitol Building!
 Melanie, Me, and Jennie!  I have some of the best co-workers.

 Kerri said that I looked like Courtney off of the bachelor and called me Courtney the entire trip.  Courtney is a pretty girl...so I'll take that as a compliment but that girl is crazy...so I hope she wasn't referring to how I act;)
 Being in Washington DC has stirred me to try and dig up more history about our country and get more invovled with politics.  It's sad to admit how little I know about politics and the history of our country.  I swear I learned it all in school I just some how supressed a lot of it!

 One Word...BREATHTAKING!
 Seeing our American flag stirs something inside of me.  It means so much to me and this country.  I am so proud to be an american and I am so proud to of the men and women who have given their lives for our freedoms that we take for granted day to day.

 My absolute favorite part of the trip was George Town!  I can honestly see myself living there one day.  It was so old and historical with tons of bright colored buildings.  My one regret from this trip is not stopping at "Serendipity" in George Town to get the infamous frozen hot chocolate.  Another trip right?!

 I spent the whole day with these ladies and really came to respect them!  We also had a lot of really good laughs!

 The sculptures were amazing!
 My favorite momument was the Lincoln Memorial.  It was really inspirational reading his speeches around the walls of the memorial.  Some of my favorite quotes come from this great man and I have decided to study his life in depth!  I think history is fascinating.  Sometimes I think I should have become a history teacher.
 We were the three amigas this trip!

 Let us always remember the men and women who have died for this country.


 This wall is very sobering.


 Amazing Buildings!
 I have been to Washington DC one other time in my life and that was when I was a lot younger.  I remember thinking that the white house was so big!  In all reality the actual house is not that big!  They have underground wings and what not added on but the original house is pretty darn tiny!


 But it's still pretty darn cool!
 We did a lot of walking this trip.  I loved all of the streets and all of the little shops.

 Here is Occupy DC...enough said!
 One of our days in Washington DC we met with Senators Mike Lee and Orrin Hatch.  I honestly can not tell you how much this makes me itch to want to get into politics!

 The interns for Senator Lee took us on a tour of the capitol.  It was amazing!  We went the underground route on the tour and passed so many senators!  Im turning into a political junky!
 The pictures speak for themselves so enjoy!















 Our last day was spent at the Zoo!  Honestly this Zoo was very dissapointing.  No wonder it was free.  There were no animals!






 And the last picture of the day...Mall Cop!


No comments:

Post a Comment