Tuesday, December 7, 2010

{Eat.Pray.Love}

I needed a little pick me up and have been dying to watch Eat.Pray.Love starring Julia Roberts. I watched it tonight and cried almost the whole way through. Though my travels around the world to find myself are going to have to wait, I feel as though I have taken my own internal journey and have found myself a little more! One bit of advice I loved from this movie was when Liz (Julia Roberts), confides in a friend that she is still in love and missing the boyfriend she got in a relationship after her divorce. And her friend tells her love him and miss him...send him love and light every time you think of him and then drop it.

More of my favorite lines:

"If you want to get to the castle you have to swim the mote."

"You have to learn how to select your thoughts the same way you select your clothes every morning."

"If you can't master your thoughts you're in trouble forever."

"Believe in love again."

"The only way to heal is to trust."

"I am so sick of people telling me I need a man" "You don't need a man, you need a champion."

"In the end I've come to believe in something I call the physics of the quest. A force in nature governed by laws is as real as the law of gravity. The physics of the quest goes something like this. If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter old resentments, and set out on a truth seeking journey, being externally or internally. And if you are truly willing to regard everything on that journey as a clue. And if you accept everyone you meet on the way as a teacher. And if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself then the truth will not be withheld from you."

No comments:

Post a Comment